Sunday 30 September 2012

Chicken Casserole Recipe |Slow Cooker

We all enjoy a good casserole in the cold weather. So here is one of my favourites.




This was my first time using a slow cooker. Usually I would just do this recipe in the oven but I have borrowed my Nannas slow cooker whilst she is off on holiday sunning herself, (jealous!) So I have two weeks of solid slow cooking to see if it is worth me investing in one or not.


This recipe has simple ingredients and is literally BISH BASH BOSH!
Preparation is just chopping and peeling, which is great for people who are really busy with work, children or out of the house all day.

Ingredients:
  • 2 chicken Breast cut into large cubes
  • 2 onions diced
  • 3 carrots peeled and diced
  • 3 potatoes peeled and diced
  • 2 stalks of celery cubed
  • 2 bulbs of garlic peeled and chopped
  • stock 1-2 litres (covering veg)
  • seasoning
  • parsley
  • thyme
  • 2tblsp tomato puree




The next step is to put all the igredients into the slow cooker and leave on low for 4-6 hours.




(As it was the first time using my slow cooker I didnt realise how small the veg should be diced, so I did my usual chunky veg, however this took alot longer than 6 hours! So remember to dice your veg unlike mine above, Ooops. You live and learn!)

Thats it.

It's easy, affordable and most importantly tasty.

So you can get on with whatever you have to do, knowing your casserole is gently cooking away nicely.

This recipe is free on slimming world. If you want you can always use flour as a thickener, if you like your casserole to be thicker. Remember it has some syns but once its shared out between its portions, it wont be too big of a syn!



Once cooked this can be potted up in separate portions to be put into the fridge or frozen.
I made a huge batch of this, it fed three of us and still have a large portion for tomorrows dinner left.

Bye for now.






No comments:

Post a Comment